Introduction · rubric · conclusion · teacher's guideGeneral Information · History · Maps · Human Rights · Xanana Gusmao · Kirsty Sword Gusmao · Stories from East Timor · Alola Foundation · Case Studies
In March, 2003 Kirsty Sword Gusmao returned to where she spent part of her childhood to launch 'The Friendship Schools Project' as part of her work with the Alola Foundation.This online activity is being developed to support Eaglehawk PS students and other schools interested in developing knowledge and understanding on East Timor.
- Lonely Planet - East Timor
- Click on view slide show to see images of East Timor
- asia observer
- Teacher Resource
- Does Archaeology Have a Role in Building the Nation of East Timor?
- article from asia source
- THE WORLDíS NEWEST DEMOCRACY
- A Short history of East Timor
- Interactive Map - History of East Timor
- ABC News Online
- CNN East Timor - Struggle to Nationhood
- Timeline: East Timor's long path to nationhood
- Map of East Timor
- Map of Asia
- Dynamic map of East Timor.
- Zoom in and out for detail on location.
- HR campaign
- East Timor Transitional Government
Kirsty Sword Gusmao
- Kirsty Sword Gusmao: A Dutiful Life
- Kirsty Sword
- Australian Story - Kirsty Sword Gusmao
Stories from East Timor
- Girl Students in East Timor
- The Alola Foundation
- A People Rebuilding: East Timor
- Re-building East Timor - The birth of an independent democratic nation
For further activities on East Timor vist the For further insight into East Timor complete the activities that have been developed on the East Timor Knowledge Hunt or the Through the Eyes of the Children Subject Sampler
created by Lisa Hayman